- These terms
- These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products via our online shop at: https://pinyourthanks.org (the “Website”).
- Please read these terms carefully before you place an order. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the terms, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
- By using this website, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions. We may, at any time, amend the terms and conditions by updating this page.
- Information about us and how to contact us
- We are PinYourThanks Limited, a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 12605056 and our registered office is at 71-75 Shelton Street, London, England, WC2H 9JQ.
- You can contact us by telephoning our volunteer team on 020 8088 1882 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
- USE OF THE WEBSITE
- We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
- This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
- Our website is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- PLACING AN ORDER
- Orders for products must be placed via the Website. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this via email and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- To order products from the Website, you must be over 18 years old or under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. Pin Badges are only suitable for children over the age of 12 years old.
- Our products
- The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
- The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- Our rights to make changes
- We may change the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements or to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. Any such changes will not affect your use of the product.
- Providing the products
- The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on the Website during the checkout/delivery process.
- We will deliver your order as soon as reasonably possible. We will endeavour to make delivery before 30 days after the day on which we accept your order. Please note that as we are trying to raise as much money as possible and ensure we do not have stock/environmental wastage, generally we do not manufacture until we have received an order. During the COVID-19 pandemic some deliveries may take longer.
- If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, your delivery is likely to be held at the local distributor point and then returned to us.
- We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be unable to supply the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.
- cancellations and returns
- If you change your mind about the product within 14 days of the date your order is accepted, you will be entitled to cancel your order and receive a full refund. This may be subject to deductions and if your order has already been delivered, you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
- If your order has already been delivered and you wish to return it, you are able to do so, provided the sealed packaging has not been opened, within 30 days of delivery. We will refund you the price you paid for the products excluding delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. Please see our Returns Policy for details.
- We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least 7 days in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
- If there is a problem with the product
- If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our volunteer team on 020 8088 1882 or write to us at email@example.com. If possible please email us as this makes managing enquiries much easier for the volunteers.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
a) Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
b) Up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
c) Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
a) See also Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
- Price and payment
- The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 10.3 below.
- If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- We accept payment with most credit and debit cards and PayPal.
- You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. Your order will not be dispatched until payment has been received in full.
- Liability for loss or damage
- In the event that you breach these terms and conditions, you will be liable to pay us reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breach.
- PinYourThanks Limited, our volunteers, directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors will not be liable for any direct or indirect financial loss or claim, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, arising from your use of the Website or any product.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products including the right to receive products which are: as described and match information we provided to you and any sample or model seen or examined by you; of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose made known to us; and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Products purchased on the Website are strictly not for re-sale. Any customer who re-sells the products will be liable to PinYourThanks for direct, indirect or consequential losses that PinYourThanks suffers as a result.
- How we may use your personal information
- Other important terms
- This contract is between you and us. No other person or third party shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
Model Cancellation Form
(Complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw your order ahead of delivery)
To PinYourThanks Limited,
I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract of sale of the following goods,
Ordered on _________________/received on __________________,
Name of consumer,
Address of consumer,
© Crown copyright 2013.