Superstar Teacher Competition Rules
Terms and conditions
Superstar Teacher Competition - Summer 2021
We’ve written some rules but please play nicely. We’re just a group of volunteers trying to do some positive stuff in the world. We don’t have lots of lawyers and nobody personally is making any cash from this.
Lots of love
The #PinYourThanks Volunteer Family
- This competition is open to all UK residents aged between 4 and 18, except any person directly connected with #PinYourThanks and their immediate family members. Proof of age may be required.
- Applicants, if under 18, must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants and submission of an entry assumes that parent(s) or legal guardian(s) agree to the rules and terms and conditions in full.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- #PinYourThanks must receive entries by 6pm on 27th August 2021. Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of #PinYourThanks.
- #PinYourThanks accepts no responsibility for lost or incomplete entries.
- The judges shall assess the entries and one teacher will be selected as the winner. The entries will be assessed by a panel of judges, the criteria are: A teacher that has gone above and beyond during the pandemic to assist their students. Providing fun and innovative ways to continue teaching. Establishing new ways of keeping students engaged and motivated. Supporting the wellbeing of their students.
- The judges’ decisions shall be final.
- The teacher chosen as the winner shall receive a framed set of a selection of #PinYourThanks pins alongside a personalised message recognising them for their outstanding efforts. The teacher chosen as the winner will also get a second thank you badge from #PinYourThanks and the opportunity to send this to a person they want to thank. This does not include any of the special edition designs and only includes those standard designs which are available for sale at the time that the prizes are posted. The prizes will be presented to the teacher chosen as the winner within 28 days of them responding to the notification that they have won. Prizes are subject to availability. If, in circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to provide the stated prize, we will try to arrange an alternative prize of a similar nature. No cash alternative will be offered.
- The applicant that nominated their teacher who was subsequently chosen as the winner shall also receive a framed set of pins them for taking part.
- The applicant who nominated their teacher will be notified by email, telephone or social media (using the details provided at entry). We aim to notify them within 21 days of the closing date. If the applicant or the teacher chosen as the winner is uncontactable or does not respond to #PinYourThanks within 7 days of being notified by #PinYourThanks, then they will forfeit their prize. #PinYourThanks reserve the right to select an alternative winner should the winner or applicant not respond. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. #PinYourThanks reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal nature and value if necessary. The applicant and the winner's name will be published on the #PinYourThanks website.
- #PinYourThanks reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of our control.
- #PinYourThanks reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry. Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
- By submitting an entry, you agree #PinYourThanks may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
- #PinYourThanks (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, #PinYourThanks (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of #PinYourThanks, its subsidiaries, agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You agree to indemnify #PinYourThanks (and its subsidiaries) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
- #PinYourThanks reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published.
Any personal data submitted will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. Personal data supplied may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
The applicant who nominated their teacher and the winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their surname and county in which they live in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their surname and county where they live to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
This competition is governed by English law and English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction.