Kids Competition Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open to all UK residents aged between 4 and 11, except any person directly connected with #PinYourThanks and their immediate family members. Proof of age may be required.
- Applicants must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants and submission of an entry assumes that parent(s) or legal guardian(s) agree to the rules and terms and conditions in full.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- If shortlisted, the entry may need to be submitted by post for design purposes, if necessary the individuals will be contacted.
- #PinYourThanks must receive entries by 6pm on 12th July 2020). Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of #PinYourThanks.
- #PinYourThanks accepts no responsibility for damaged or lost entries.
- The judges shall assess the entries and one winner will be selected. The entries will be assessed by a panel of judges, the criteria is here. The judges’ decisions shall be final.
The winner shall have their design made into a badge which will be sold by #PinYourThanks. The winner will also get a special copy of their badge alongside the other standard designs and the opportunity to send their design to the person they want to thank. This does not include any of the special edition designs and only includes those standard designs which are available for sale at the time that the prizes are posted. The prizes will be sent to the winner by post within 28 days of the winner responding to the notification that they have won (with the exception of their design which will be sent as soon as it is manufactured). Prizes are subject to availability. If, in circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to provide the stated prize, we will try to arrange an alternative prize of a similar nature. No cash alternative will be offered. Our pin badges are only suitable for people ages 12 and over and are not a toy but a beautiful set of collectors items. Therefore, the badges deemed as part of the winning prize will be issued to the parents or guardians of the entrant to ensure we are keeping all of our fantastic entrants safe.
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry). We aim to notify them within 21 days of the closing date. The winner must provide a contact method to claim their prize. If a winner is uncontactable or does not respond to #PinYourThanks within 7 days of being notified by #PinYourThanks, then they will forfeit their prize however the design may still be made. #PinYourThanks reserve the right to select an alternative winner should the winner not respond. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. #PinYourThanks reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal nature and value if necessary. The winner's name will be published on the #PinYourThanks website.
- #PinYourThanks reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of our control.
- By submitting your art work to #PinYourThanks you are agreeing that it may be used as a design to produce one of the #PinYourThanks pins and are not able to withdraw the design. Hard copy entries are not accepted and if sent cannot be returned. Full copyright title remains with the author/owner of any entry. Please see the full Terms and Conditions below.
#PinYourThanks reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
- Any entry must be your original work and it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry. Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
- By submitting an entry, you agree #PinYourThanks may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
- #PinYourThanks (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, #PinYourThanks (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of #PinYourThanks, its subsidiaries, agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You agree to indemnify #PinYourThanks (and its subsidiaries) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
- #PinYourThanks reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published here
Any personal data submitted will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal data supplied may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their surname and county in which they live in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their surname and county where they live to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
This competition is governed by English law and English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction.