#PinYourThanks Kids Badge Design Competition
Judging Rounds and Criteria
All submissions will be collated and subject to Round 1 judging by the #PinYourThanks Support Services team. The Support Services team will be a direct point of contact for email submission queries and Round 1 judging. Round 1 judging criteria will discount any invalid badge design submissions. Invalid badge design submissions include a failure to meet one or more of the Round 1 Criteria listed below:
- The entrant must be 4 to 11 years of age inclusive.
- The entrant must be a UK resident.
- The badge designs must be submitted BEFORE 6pm on 12th July 2020.
- The badge design must be a simple, easy shape for manufacturing purposes and must NOT include more than 3 colours.
- The badge design must include a story behind the design or a badge dedication in the space given on the badge design template, with a maximum word limit of 200 words.
- The badge design submission must include the entrant’s details for contact and parent or guardian permission details for contact.
- The badge design must NOT be either inappropriate, incomplete, outside the red circle illustrated on the badge design template or include a rainbow illustration.
- The photo or digital scan of the badge design must NOT appear distorted by colour, light or shape.
- The badge design submission must NOT be connected to any member or family member of the #PinYourThanks team.
All shortlisted submissions following the Round 1 judging process will be subject to Round 2. Round 2 judging is delivered by an internal #PinYourThanks team, who will be given a collation of badge design submissions for judging. Round 2 judging will further shortlist 30 badge design submissions based on the Round 2 Criteria listed below:
- Simplicity - The entrants are encouraged to design a simple badge design for ease of manufacture and to keep the production cost to a minimum.
- Originality - The badge design must be unique and not based on any other existing ideas either within the #PinYourThanks designs or in the marketplace at present. It must not include brands or logos, and entrants are encouraged to avoid a rainbow design.
- Enjoyment - The badge design must be positive and enjoyable for an audience.
- Personal - The entrants are encouraged to write a story behind the badge design and dedication to whom they would give the badge, as a heartfelt thank you. The badge design submission must be personal and appropriate.
All shortlisted submissions following the Round 2 judging process will be subject to Round 3. Round 3 judging is delivered by a judging panel consisting of #PinYourThanks founders, designers, education professionals and some of our celebrities and some external #PinYourThanks supporters who will be given a collation of badge design submissions. They will collectively agree on the winner. Round 3 judging will follow the Round 2 Criteria listed above. The winner of the #PinYourThanks Kids Badge Design Competition, decided by the Round 3 external judging panel, will be final.